This kind of material are often been seen on diabetic shoe inserts.
A wide range of polymer combinations is available to give increased stiffness, improved temperature resistance and improved mouldability. Plastazote® foams are engineered to offer superior performance and lighter weight. The absence of any chemical agents in the foam and a consistency of cell structure and density allows Zotefoams to offer the world’s lightest cross-linked foams.
Plastazote® foams are available in:
- a range of densities from 15kg/m3 to 115kg/m3
- a variety of attractive colours
- Metallocene grades for easier thermo-compression behaviour
- special grades with increased flame-retarding properties, and/or conductive or static-dissipative characteristics
Plastazote® foams are used in a variety of industries including:
- automotive (thermoformed parts)
- healthcare thanks to their inert qualities
- sport (protective padding)
- marine where buoyancy is crucial
- industrial (seals and gaskets)